Choosing a Gum
Not all gums are created equal and they are not all interchangeable. This is why Gum Technology offers free samples and works closely with you to find the gum that will work best for your application. We want to make sure that the gum you purchase works the best for you.
Factors Affecting Hydrocolloid Quality
- Mesh size
- Purity of material
Quality control and physical property testing of our products are two things that are done at our laboratory in Tucson, Arizona by technicians with years of experience. All of our testing procedures are standardized and recorded so that they can be easily duplicated by your laboratories.
All of our products are tested for strict adherence to microbiological standards before they are released for sale. We utilize the services of outside independent laboratories to assure you that our results are fair and unbiased.
Choosing a Gum
The best method for choosing a gum for your product is to contact us and talk with our R&D Department or Technical Support.
For faster service, it helps to know the following information before you call:
- What is your final product?
- What functionality is desired?
- What is the pH of the final product?
- What is the processing temperature?
- Is moisture available to hydrate the gum properly?
- What machinery is available for gum incorporation?
- Are any of the following ingredients available for mixing with the gum? Oil, sugar, salt, propylene glycol, alcohol?
- Are there any special requirements such as all natural, kosher, organic, etc.?
When looking for a product match, we will require the specifications of the product that you are trying to match (for example, label declaration, viscosity and test method, mesh size, etc).
Click here to contact the Laboratory Department or call Toll Free at 1.800.369.GUMS (4867).